Friday, March 19, 2010

The Story of My Life, by Lauren Stretar 6th grade

My heart pounded in my chest, but I couldn’t slow down and I couldn’t look back. There was no doubt about it.
He was getting closer.

I woke with a start. It has been 3 years since I’ve moved from the city, but things still bother me. He still bothers me. Nothing is right. The little farmhouse, that’s were I live now, since I moved from my past life. Nothing could be the same. I had to change my name, my hair, everything. I had to change my life.
All because of him.

Why did he have to choose me? I always ask my mom, but the answer never changes. “ Some answers are best left untouched.

I lay in my bed thinking about life. How everything is so easy yet so complicated. I wish everything could go back to when Josh and Jon were still here.
I lay there thinking why them? What did they do? What did I do to deserve this?

I couldn’t get away, I ran faster and faster, but it was no use. He was to fast for me to smart for me. So much better than me. “No!”

I woke up, cold sweat running down my back. I had to get away. Away from my family, my friends, my mom. Away from everything.

I stepped out into the night. I wouldn’t let Him get my Mom. I wouldn’t, couldn’t. What was I doing, running away from a man with everything? I knew He was going to stop me but I had to try.

I ran for the cover of the woods. I had to end this.
I had to get caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment