Friday, March 19, 2010

THE BRIDE TO BE. By: Alexei Askvig, Grade:6

My heart pounded in my chest, but I couldn’t slow down and I couldn’t look back. There was no doubt about it they were realizing I was hear.
I speed walked down the street whith my body screaming and shrieking for me to slow down or stop. I new I couldn’t they were almost on to me, they could smell my presents and they could taste my soul. I have only 1 suggestion for my self in the future…never make a deal with the devil.
He’s coming my mined shrieks! He’s coming to get you! You know he doesn’t like it when you “forget” to pay up.
I know I whisper almost silently, but if you don’t mined I’m running for our life so unless you want to come out hear and run for me then you can be quiet for at least a half an hour.
Just as a I finish talking I run in to something big and hard and in new York that can only mean 1 of 3 things. #1. You ran in to a wall.
#2. A car just hit you.
#3. (For me) You just ran in to Merin.
“Hello sweet cheeks. I just love how easy this has gotten. Did you miss me?”
“Hello Merin. No I really didn’t miss you but I did miss Damien.” I say sarcastically. “He’ll like that wont he?”
‘Why don’t you ask him your self?”
“You know I would love to but mmmmm, I’m just not feeling the love tonight.”
“Now, now Ever you should know by now that Damien loves it when his food is feisty.”
“Fine I’ll fill the order for your majesty tonight but then he’ll ether keep me forever or let me free.”(Not that I love him or anything but I’d rather just stay cus actually he’s got a pretty nice house.)
“Well it’s your lucky day cus that’s why I was sent to get you Damien’s planning you wedding for tomorrow and he thought the bride should help. So come on now, your majesty, your chariot awaits.”
Sitting behind Merin was a long stretch limo, for me. (Even though he’s bad and all Damien really knows how to sweep a girl off her feet.)
“Merin I’m going to have to decline that offer.”
And with out another word I sprinted down the streets of New York with merin in tow.
Yes,yes,yes, I can see It now my home away from, well the streets.
I jump into the long dark tunnel and slam the concrete door shut.
“That should keep him out, well at least till he gets the power drill.”
“Ginger, Miles! Come here! Merin is gone and Damien is some where that’s, well not hear.”
“Ever! I thought you were gone forever this time.”
“No, no Ginger I would never just leave you like that! Speaking of not coming back where is Miles?”
“OH! I forgot, Miles has a surprise for you, come on flow me.”
As we walked down the tunnel my mined was racing with a thought that may be I should not be here but I shook that pretty quickly.
“Ginger turn on the lights.”
When the lights were turned on I screamed. In one corner Miles was tied to a chair, in the other Merin was standing with Damien.
I stutter and Damien says. “Ask Ginger.”
“Sorry.” She said with a big smile.
“Good night my bride to be.” And that was the last thing I hered before a bag and bat were brought down over my head. (To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment