Friday, March 19, 2010

The Menace, By David Lu, 6th grade

My heart pounded in my chest but I couldn’t slow down and I couldn’t look back. There was no doubt about it. He was getting closer. I should never have taken off on my own. I should have known this was the kind of opportunity he was looking for to kill me. He shot his pistol at my head and suddenly I rolled into an alleyway. My lungs were ready to burst, but I couldn’t stop running, not now. My legs turned numb, and I had to throw up over the side, but I just had to keep going. I put on a new burst of speed, and emerged from the alleyway. I was nearing the heart of the abandoned city now, and it was getting to a dead end. I spotted an ancient rusted vehicle that people called a “car”, and I sprinted towards it. I leapt into the trunk and slammed the door shut just as he appeared around the corner. I was too late. He smiled and opened the trunk door.
It is the year 3000. This city was the radioactive city of Rotterdam. It was a thriving civilization until that fateful missile struck. Millions of people were killed on the impact, and many people died of shock shortly afterwards. The city was evacuated shortly afterwards, as terrorists began to raid the city. It was too radioactive to spend over 48 hours in, and was unsuitable to live in anymore. There was a huge crater where the missile struck, but it was grown over with grass. It was a catastrophe, an outrage. But actually, it was one of the lucky ones. In, fact whole continents are too dangerous to live in. The only place that really is free of that poisonous radiation is Antarctica. But that’s only because of the fact that when the ice caps melted, well, that’s a whole lot of snow, and all the radiation and radioactivity washed into the sea with it. This had all started on that fateful day that the terrorists stole the technology from the N.J.U., an anti-terrorist organization that was more advanced than anything anyone else could’ve ever dreamed of. They were experimenting with a kind of “super soldier” using nanotechnology. As the special chemicals were being transported down to the lab to be tested on POWs, a terrorist group that calls themselves Derbarah ambushed it, and stole the contents. They took it and tested it on one of their own people that had tried to desert. It seemed promising at first, and the subjects showed increased mental awareness, and had much greater strength. But then the subjects started to have side effects. There were yellow horns that protruded from their skin, and their skin started to have a greenish tint. They became moody, and refused the antidote for the green skin. Then one day they had an especially bad day, and they made a violent escape. The unfortunate thing was that this could spread by simple physical contact. But back to the bombs. They mixed this chemical with Uranium, but the chemical was totally destroyed by the Uranium. So then they tried adding some antimatter and it created a huge cloud of the green vapor. It transformed anyone that breathed it into one of the green monsters, which were later to be known as mutants. Rotterdam was one of the lucky ones. The Uranium hit it, so no one was mutated. The only place that people still thrive in groups of more than 1 million people are in the USA. But that was only because it remained neutral in World War IV. But no one blamed them. They were still fighting off mutants. Eventually they cornered them against the sea, and they were blown into the sea by a missile. The sea is the most toxic place on Earth currently. It instantly kills.
I was assigned to track down and kill the leader of the Derbarah. They were planning to destroy the last 3 million humans in the USA, and then they would rest their case. Little did they know that they would be hunting me.

TO BE CONTINUED…at http://www.burstabubble.webs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment