Friday, March 19, 2010

The Lake - Katie Coyne, 7th Grade

My favorite place is like nothing. In the morning, I wake up from the top bunk I share with my sister, my nose knock into the scratchy wood ceiling. I numbly walk sown the paddle-lined steps to my favorite place in the world, the lake. A lake may not sound that interesting to you, but it’s extraordinary to me. In the morning I look out to see a tranquil glass gliding over every surface. Towering pines rise up from the shore as if in a picture. The sky is settled with a grey-blue color of morning. A bird dips into a low ark, circling its prey hundreds of feet above the water. It pauses and begins an arrow-fast descent down. It splashes into the water, the glass has been shattered. Ripples charge in rings all throughout the lake. The bird, like a bullet from a gun shoots out of the water. A fish wriggling in his beak.

No comments:

Post a Comment