Friday, March 19, 2010

A Dark Capture By Hannah Rumon Grade 6

My heart pounded in my chest, but I couldn’t slow down and I couldn’t look back. There was no doubt about it, it was getting closer. I turned the corner of the elegant Paris shops, hoping to get away from it. I got a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower. It was more beautiful than I ever imagined.
I wanted to look at it in more detail I also wanted to get away. I stopped in a little café near the tower. It smelled of hot chocolate with mint, I ordered one.
I sat right near the glass doors and gazed at the Eiffel Tower. As I sat and looked at it in detail. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something. Was it, it walking pass? I sat up and tried to see it but there was nothing in plain sight. I ran outside.
I looked left and right. Left and right again, there was nothing I walked around the next corner. Looked in every putrid ally and every fancy shop and café. There was still nothing, nothing at all. The streets were deserted.
I felt that shivery feeling go down my spine again. My luscious hair was now being touched. I wanted get that thing away from me. All I could think of doing was turning around and screaming.
I turned around slowly, silently but fast. I shouted, “What do you want” The next thing I knew I was being put into this brown bag and everything went black from there. When I woke up, I can only remember being dragged and yanked, somewhere. I felt distorted, dizzy and somewhat hungry. How long have I been in here I thought. I was dropped on a cement floor and left there alone.
I heard doors closing and locking, closing and locking. Again and again, I heard them close, again and again. I rustled in my bag and noticed I could get out. I raised my arms and opened up the bag to see no sunlight. I was locked in, in a room with only a couch and a rope. No sunlight, the windows were boarded up. I heard some mumbling from the one of the rooms next door. I put my ear to every door but every time failing. Of course the last one was it the door.
I couldn’t make out all of the grump almost silent words, but this is what I heard, “Did…you…get…her…Brown.” That was my last name, why did they want me?

I heard the other somewhat high voice response, “Yes...did, boss. Not…sure…she’s…right…Brown.” Who Brown, did they want me Emily Brown or another Brown. Their conversation continued I decided not to snoop, not to strain my ears. I sat down and the next thing I knew. It strolled in.
It walked in and walked out. I got only a slight glimpse that disappeared in a blink of an eye. He shut the door and locked it. He came backing a minute later and tied my ankles together, my legs, arms, everything possible. Stuffed me in the brown bag tied that up and my world went black again.
To Be Continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment