Friday, March 19, 2010

Game winning goal, By: Blake Carlson, 6th grade

Sweat was running down my face while I was getting a drink of water. Heavy breathing was all over the bench. It was tied 3 to 3 in a shootout. We were all depending on one player at a time hoping that our goalie would save us and keep this shootout alive.
It was the seventh round in our shootout. My dad was pacing back and forth on the bench wondering who to send out next. Then he pointed his blue ink pen at me, which meant that I was out next. Excitement struck me like lightning. Sterno our goalie, stopped a shot from Prior Lake. The door squeaked open as I walked out on the slippery cold ice.
All eyes were watching me like I was some type of horror movie. My skates squeaked with every stride I took. When I got to center ice the ref stopped by me and started to talk about what rules there were for the shootout. I didn’t listen to him because I was thinking of what to do for my turn. The ref skated to his position and I went back to our blue line and took a deep breath before the whistle blew.
The whistle rang in my ears. My legs started to pump towards the puck. I heard a click when the puck hit my stick. I was thinking that I should do a deak because the goalie was used to some shots.
I reached their blue line. I started on the wide side and started to cut in. I could hear my skates were cutting the ice, my stick handling, and my breath, all was silent. I was at the bottom of the circles now. I pulled the puck to my back hand and back to my forehand. The goalie went the other way, I knew I had the goalie beat. I zipped the puck through the crease past the goal line and in the net.
The buzzer went off. I raised my hands in the air screaming, “ YEAH”. Everybody flew off the bench and on top of me. Everybody cheered. We shook hands and got our third place trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment