Friday, March 19, 2010

The Butt, The Game and The Tree, By: Elena Dawson 6th grade Mrs. Elder

“Help help help!” that’s all I heard on my way to the world cup game. I was looking around and saw a butt sticking out of a tree. I sprinted over and asked the person what happened, in reply I heard, “I was climbing up the tree and fell in.” then I asked her what her name is and she said “Abigail Bookingham”. “Hmmm I wonder what I can do to get you out?” “Butter” is what Abigail said. “Good idea, I will be right back” I sprinted over to the ice cream parlor and got some butter. I sprinted back to the tree and slid the butter around Mrs. Buckingham’s gluteus maximums. “Okay now try to get out,” I told her “I cant,” she replied. “Oh no, if I don’t leave now I will be late for the world cup game, I will be right back.” I ran as fast as my legs could carry me to the game. I arrived and the coach yelled at me for being late and that I was off the team. I ran back to help Abigail.
I saw that the butter wasn’t working so we had to think of a different plan. “I got it, we could call the Crain Company and have them lift you out, but first.. “WHAT?!?! You’re getting a crain?!?!” Abigail interrupted “anyway, I said we would have to cut off the top of the tree, but to do that we will have to call parks and recreation to see if it is okay.” “I am going to call now” ……. “Hmm…. Okay… thanks…bye. They said yes! Because its an emergency.” I told Abigail. Good thing I brought my handy portable saw! I started cutting, after about a half an hour, the tree fell! “Okay well I called the Crain people and they said that they will be here at 2:00 which is in five minutes. “no no no no no!” complained Abigail “Hey Abigail why were you climbing the tree in the first place?” I asked trying to change the subject “Well I teach 2nd grade so I was getting bark samples for science.” She replied. “Cool” I said. Oh look here comes the Crain. Vroom vroom vroom, “no no no no!!”
She started to scream and cry. I backed away from the tree. And saw the Crain lower down, it grabbed Abigail and brought her higher and higher and then lowered her down about 3 feet from the ground and BOOM dropped her in the mud, “am I in heaven? I SEE LIGHT!!” “no you are not dead, you are safe and you are out of the tree!” I explained. We hugged. And she said “Angela, I would like to thank you for all you did today, I mean you missed your soccer game and then came back to help me.” Oh, your welcome” I replied. “Now how about I help you get your bark samples?” I asked, “ I would like that” she replied. “Anything for a friend” I said “anything for a friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment