Friday, March 19, 2010

The Chase, by Erin Dawson 6th grade Mrs. Elder

My heart pounded in my chest, but I couldn’t slow down and I couldn’t look back there was no doubt about it. It was getting closer. I didn’t know what it was and I wasn’t planning on knowing. I was sprinting down the Seattle streets not knowing where I was going. There was so much fog it looked like there was a wall in front of me. I heard the clitter clatter of its nails on the cement sidewalk. I was turning on so many corners trying to get away it was making me dizzy. I was tired from running and I didn’t get that much sleep last night. The only things keeping me going were the freezing breeze and the thing trying to rip my body a part. Hearing the sound of the waves smashing into the land I knew it was my only hope. Yes I had to go towards the water! I was starting to slow down but I couldn’t stop now. It was getting closer, I saw stairs. As I flew up them it started going slower, it wasn’t climbing, but why? I then realized I was in a hotel I franticly search the halls for an elevator. As soon as I found it I pressed the button as fast as I could a million times until it came I ran inside and pressed the close door button, it rushed down to ground level. There was the water I had to make a brake for it. I broke out into a mad dash towards the water I closed my eyes. I finally was free from that ferocious beast. Oh no I can hear it’s roar, it’s back. It seems like we were the only ones on earth. Had it already killed everyone else, it couldn’t have done it. ”No” I screamed on the top of my lungs it couldn’t have. I then realized I had just cornered my self in an ally. I looked up there was a shadow here It comes. “Roof” then it stepped through the fog. It was just a helpless little wiener dog wearing a tutu. He was just hungry. I reached into my pocket and gave him a piece of bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment