Friday, March 19, 2010

THE LIE, by Taylor Durand 6th Grade

My heart pounded in my chest, but I couldn’t slow down, and I couldn’t look back. There was no doubt about it. They were getting closer. The police were chasing me. As I ran through the crowded subway station of Boston, I thought of what just happened, I was wrongfully accused of killing my uncle. I had asked “why would I do such a horrible thing?” my cousin who accused me wouldn’t answer, so I ran. Now I am being chased, through hundreds of happy, sad, and longing faces. I wasn’t paying much attention to where I was going or what I was running into, I just kept going. I slid on the damp cement floor and tripped on some ones shoe, I slid and hit my head, but I kept running and running. I hopped on a subway and the police didn’t see me, so I rode for hours. Then I got of and tried to flag down a cab, when I got in I told the driver to take me to the nearest airport, and fast. He looked nervous and suspicious, but that was probably because I was acting so anxious. I decided I needed to calm down and analyze what happened, but every time I thought about it I could barely breath.
When I got to the airport I bought a ticket to Miami, Florida. The ride was long and hard because I dreamt the accusation about 12 times, and I wondered why my cousin was so cruel. She always seemed to love her dad, but I’m almost positive she killed him. I couldn’t worry about that now though, I had a lot of money in my pocket from cashing my check, so I rented a dirty old apartment, and now I am in hiding.

To Be Continued…

1 comment: