Friday, March 19, 2010

The Chase, Annika Martell 6th grade

My heart pounded in my chest, but I couldn’t slow down and I couldn’t look back. There was no doubt about it they were closing in. I’m running down the busy streets of Manhattan. I needed to stop or hide, but where? Where was I going to go? The ally? I kept running from the gang. I then turned the corner to see more hustle and bustle. I thought about what I saw. Where they killing that guy? What did he do to them? I couldn’t think about that now, just keep running. If I went into the mall do you think they would find me? NO! I ducked into the crowded mall and looked back, they had turned the corner. I had to think fast… the dressing room! I ran to the ladies, no one there. So I acted fast ran into the dressing rooms and waited for hours and hours. As those hours passed I thought, will I have to move? Change my name? Tell the police? Well I might as well check the news on my phone. OH MY GOSH “A man found dead in dumpster in Manhattan please tell police if you know any information.” What will happen to me if I tell? Ok it is five o’clock I should go home. As I walked out I looked around to make sure the men weren’t there. They were three huge, no humongous men. Dressed in purple jump suits. I am surprised that they weren’t noticed. One had a hard hat on. Another had nothing on his head, not even hair. And the last one had and orange hunting hat. What did they want from me? Well I did witness them almost kill a guy, but still there is no need to chase me. Ok there is no one in the mall, go outside slowly, slowly. I’m out! Walking down the road, scratch that running down the road. They are after me again. The ally! As I ran into the ally jumped into the trashcan I heard the guys turn the corner. Yes they passed my hiding place. Now how do I get out? Oh my goodness I’m being lifted of the ground by the garbage truck. “ Hay you guys shouldn’t be back in this ally” I heard the truck driver yell. I have my chance to get away. As I crept out of the ally I heard him yell “I’m going to turn you guys in’ I called 911 and within minutes the police were there. I explained how the men were casing me and that they were the ones who killed the man found in the dumpster.


News: 7:00

“This is just in the search for the men who killed the man in the dumpster is over and they have been arrested.” The newscaster announced. “Wow I am so good, like James Bond good. Bond, James Bond. I should be in a movie, action movie. Shouldn’t I Jessi?” “ Yes you should honey” she said “ and the man to thank is Alexander Carrney” The TV announced, “ I am good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment